CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 08, 2008

Stress has officially gotten to me!

Last night Cory brought home a sprinter van from work so we could take the living room furniture over to the rental house. I had spent the afternoon on packing up all the junk housed in the china cabinet, end table and curio cabinet so that could be loaded up to. So he and I somehow move both the love seat and the couch into the van without breaking/dropping it or yelling at each other (too much). Next is the china cabinet. Now, keep in mind this is something from my parent's living room from about 20 years ago if not more. We pick the thing up to carry it down the stairs and "bang, bang, bang" the three glass shelves fall against the back of the cabinet. Amazingly there is only one small sliver of glass from this dumb move. We finagle the china cabinet in the van only to find out it is too tall to stand, so we lay it down glass face up and thankfully Cory covers it with a carpet pad. We continue to load boxes and a couple other small pieces of furniture. As the van is filling up I told Joshua to get out of the van and play in the yard. Of course, in what is typical Joshua style lately, he doesn't listen and continues playing in the van. I go inside to grab a box while Cory is outside. Next thing I hear is the sounds of something breaking and Joshua crying. I run outside and Cory is carrying him into the house holding foot. Apparently the little monkey climbed over the couches and onto the glass china cabinet doors (that we stupidly put face up). Once I knew Joshua was fine and didn't even have a cut on him (thanks to the carpet pad covering it) a ton of expletives followed on my part, and some door slamming as well, while my husband calmly stood there and said nothing. To say the least, I was mad. Definitely not one of my prouder moments. I can't believe I actually blew a gasket over an old, ugly china cabinet that really needs to be replaced. Can you tell the stress is getting to me??? Only one week to go and I'm praying that by the grace of God we will make it through all this stress, oh yeah, only to do it all over again in 6 months when we move to our new house!

1 comments:

Erin said...

Hang in there...this will soon be a faint memory when you are in your new home!