CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A day at the cottage!

With another nice weekend on the horizon my aunt Cher called to see if we wanted to come out to the cottage for a day. We of course jumped at the idea since we love being at the cottage, in the water, on the boats and spending time with my aunt and uncle! As expected we had a fabulous summer day! Cory had borrowed his cousin's wakeboard and was determined to get up and wakeboard which he did after a number of attempts! I attempted to drop a ski and was successful for all of 11 seconds which you can see below. As my uncle reminded me, my mom was a great 2 ski skier, but a slalom skier she was not.....thinking I may take after my mom. Joshua did the EZ ski, but seems to get be getting bored with it this summer as it's "too easy". Joshua LOVED swimming, jumping off the dock and jumping off the boat. Seriously, it's hard to get this child out of the water......reminds me of me and my brothers. Another highlight of the day for Joshua was driving (more like steering) the pontoon boat all the way across the lake with my uncle; he was grinning ear to ear and very proud of himself! Matthew enjoyed the water, but not to the extent Joshua did (guess that's hard when you can't swim yet). Matthew loved going on the boats and the jet ski though! My uncle even did some fun fireworks for the boys after dinner! The boys ended the night on the perfect note by catching fireflies before we got them in their PJs and headed back home. This is what summer is all about!


Cory wakeboarding!



This picture makes me look like I know what I am doing.....ha!




One the momma ducks and her babies that we fed.



Jumpin' Joshua!




Matthew showing Aunt Cher his toys during the boat ride.



Checking out the wedding happening on the shore.



Joshua and Matthew helping Uncle Steve drive us back to the cottage.



Joshua was proud of himself for steering us all the way back across the lake with a little help and directing from Uncle Steve.



Fireworks!



Cory even fit some kneeboarding in!






1 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

Looking good Catherine - just the process of dropping a ski looked hard enough for me :)