CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Mommy and Matthew Days Begin!

These are the days I have been waiting for ever since I had Matthew....odd you might think.  I really dislike the infant stage and while being with a toddler is fun, they can't hold much of a conversation or appreciate much.  Matthew is finally at the age where I can take him places and do things with him and he understands and enjoys the experience!  Now that Joshua is in school full time Matthew and I have lots of time to hang out, play, read and do fun things together just like I did with Joshua at this same age; only now Matthew gets my undivided attention which is something new for him and I think he is groovin' on it.  One Friday morning we had no plans so we decided to go explore a new place called Boulder Ridge Wild Animal Park.  A husband and wife had exotic and unusual animals that they kept on their property, but recently decided to create a park so the public could enjoy the animals too.  It's quite small as of yet (part of it you walk around and a larger part you go on a tractor ride for), but they have plans to expand by next spring when they reopen after the winter.  I love that this park has unusual animals in it that you can get fairly close to that otherwise kids would only see in books.  I really like that this park is so clean and well-maintained (could be cause it's new).  I also appreciated the friendly staff.  We spent the morning there and I decided Joshua, our little animal lover, needs to come with us the next time so he can enjoy it and appreciate it too.
Matthew getting close to the Wallaby.

 Apparently Guinea Pigs are relatives of these funny looking creatures.

 A Ring-Tailed Lemur.

A Fennec Fox.

You can pet a baby zebra here!  He was amazingly soft and his nose felt like velvet.

A huge 80 year old tortoise.  A staff member was letting kids sit on the tortoise, but Matthew had NO interest.

Alligators!

Ostriches

Wildabeast

0 comments: