CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 04, 2007

Safe to Say


I have waited to do a post on this because it seems like every time I say something about Joshua he does the opposite of whatever I just got done saying to someone. I feel like I jinx things as soon as I say something. However, I think it is safe to say that Joshua is potty training himself!!!! YEAH!!!! It all started about 6 weeks ago when Joshua first had an interest in the toilet. I casually put him on it one day to see what he would do. He thought it was pretty cool, but never actually did anything but sit there. Well, I figured that if he had an interest we should just go with it so I bought a small seat to set on top of our toilet seat so I wouldn't have to hold the 20 some pound lug above the toilet. Of course, as soon as I bought the new seat Joshua had NO interest in using it. I laughed and set it aside. Then 4 weeks ago on a Saturday morning Joshua woke up and kept saying "poo poo". We didn't believe him so we got him in his highchair and got him started on breakfast. He kept saying "poo poo". Finally he looks at me with desperation in his eyes and says, "Mommy, poo poo!!!" So, off to the bathroom we went and within a couple minutes Joshua had gone poo poo. We of course made a HUGE deal over it and called Papa to tell him the big news. Well, ever since then Joshua has been almost 100% consistent in going poo poo in the toilet (with a few exceptions including the few days he was sick back in April)! He still doesn't have much of a clue when it comes to the peeing issue, but that will come. For now I am just thrilled that he is the one taking the lead on this issue! I figured I wouldn't be dealing with potty training for at least another 6-9 months, but when the kid wants to do it I'm going with it and am thrilled about it! I can go for no more stinky diapers!

1 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

Way to go Joshua, I am so proud of you. Do you think you could convince your cousin Allison that the potty is the way to go. Yeah, I know...when she's ready.

Hey mom, don't you love trying to keep the onsie out of the potty?