CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Bringing Back the Old


Joshua has a few Fisher Price Little People things, but doesn't seem to enjoy playing with them a ton. A few months ago we went to my dad's and raided the storage area with all our childhood toys in it. We dug out the old Fisher Price school house, barn, camper set, ferry boat and lumber yard. Joshua is enamored with these play sets and plays with them for hours at a time. The old, or as some people now call them "vintage", little people are small and easy to maneuver within play sets. I thought he would also enjoy the old Main Street play set, but we never had it as kids, so I put a wanted post on Craigslist. A few days later a woman replied and sold us the Main Street building (she didn't have any of the other pieces that go with it, so we are still looking for those). Joshua loves his new toy! I totally understand why they changed the little people, but I must admit I love the old play sets much more than the new ones and it seems Joshua does too! Thank goodness my mom held on to all our old Fisher Price toys!

1 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

I wondered how many responses people got when they put a WANTED on craigslist. How cool, that someone that had what you wanted actually checked the list. Glad Joshua loves those old sets, sometimes I think the new ones have too many bells and whistles.