CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh Nuts . . .

or shall I say peanuts. I called the Joshua's pediatrician's office to get the results of his allergy test. His pediatrician is on vacation this week so another doctor had to review the test results before a nurse could call me back with the results. She called me back this afternoon and told me that Joshua tested negative for an allergy to milk, egg and soy, but has an allergy to peanuts. I asked how intense the allergy was. The nurse told be a 1.3 which she couldn't really explain the signficance of so it means nothing to me. Joshua's pediatrician will call next week to explain the results further. The results of the allergy test do explain his reaction to the peanut butter and jelly sandwich he had a couple months ago (he never had anything peanut until after he turned two - he has had other food items that have touched peanuts and had no problem). He hated it, cried and kept wiping his tongue and mouth. I immediately gave him Benedryl thinking he could be allergic, but I had a suspicion that it could be just a texture issue with this finicky boy too. A couple weeks ago Cory had some toast with peanut butter on it and Joshua FREAKED out! He didn't want to be anywhere near that peanut butter. Smart little cookie! I have a feeling he isn't severly allergic to the actual peanut, but rather a concentrated amount of peanut oil which you find in peanut butter, but I'm just going on what the nurse told me. Hopefully the pediatrician can clear up our understanding of this next week. I have a feeling a visit to an allergist is in Joshua's future.

1 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

Bummer, I am not sure what I would do without the old peanut butter standby for lunch. At least you know early, and hopefully it doesn't turn out to be one of those where you can't even have peanut butter in the house.