CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 16, 2007

Remembering . . .



Two years ago today my mom passed away, or as I tell Joshua, she went to live with Jesus in heaven. So today Joshua and I went to visit her grave site. We had planted flowers there this spring and I wanted to make sure that everything was cleaned up for the winter. I'm not a huge fan of those ugly fake memorial things and neither was my mother so we will be leaving her grave site undecorated until we can plant real flowers there again in the spring just like she would have wanted. Joshua helped me brush away the leaves and debris from around the stone but was more interested in the acorns that he found. He also asked where Papa was since he recalled being here the last time with Papa. He obviously doesn't understand all of this stuff yet. I try to keep my mom's memory alive for him by occasionally looking at pictures of her with him, which he loves to do, but yet he doesn't know who she is . I want to share with him what an amazing person she was and how much she loved him even though she only got to see him for a little while.
The one thing I have learned from this whole experience of losing my mom is that you can never spend to much time with the ones you love or love someone too much. DO NOT take the ones you love for granted because you never know when they will be gone. So be sure continue to make those wonderful memories with them, spend time with them, let them know how much they are loved. We have made a real point of doing this with our families since we have had Joshua. I want him to have relationships with the important people in his life and create those memories that will last a lifetime!

0 comments: