CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Childhood Memory Revisited


Okay, so I haven't been able to get to the grocery store yet this week so we are running low on fresh fruit. I pulled out the canned pear halves for lunch the other day so Joshua could get his fruit. However, Joshua isn't a huge fan of pears for some reason, so I knew I'd have to be creative. I suddenly remembered the pear mice my mom used to make me and my brothers once in a while. I could remember what they looked like, but couldn't recall what foods she made all the details with, so I rummaged around the cupboard and found a few not so nutritious things to dress the pear halves up with. What kid wouldn't like a Laffy Taffy tale, a candy nose and marshmallow ears?!?! Of course Joshua loved the little guys until I told him he had to eat the pear parts too, which he did ever so slowly. At least it was fun for a few minutes!



1 comments:

Bradi said...

Oh my goodness..you are definitely one of those mom's I read about in my Parenting magazine...you go girl!