CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

A blow to the ego. . .


So I finally broke down today and bought a maternity support belt. It made me feel so old to be asking for such an item. However, it feels like this kid is sitting low (much lower than Joshua did, at least until the last couple weeks) and along with that is giving me some delightful back pain. It might be manageable, but with chasing and interacting with a 3 year old all day I seem to be uncomfortable. (By the way, there is nothing wrong with the baby, he is as healthy as can be and my OB doesn't seem to think the baby is any lower than Joshua was, but my OB doesn't live in my body and doesn't have to deal with the discomfort!) The bonus of getting the maternity belt was that I got to visit one of my favorite stores that I haven't been to since Joshua was an infant, Baby Beloved Inc. It's a wonderful resource for pregnant moms and nursing moms! Not only do they carry products necessary for these stages in life as well as adorable little baby items, but they also have lactation consultants on hand to help with nursing questions or troubles. Since I last visited they have moved to a really nice new location in the new Women's Health Center in Grand Rapids. I was surprised to see an old high school friend of mine working there! She reassured me that many pregnant women of all ages use maternity support belts for comfort. So at least I'm not the only one who wears one of these wacky things, but it's still a blow to the ego if you ask me.

2 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

Had one too.. the muscles don't seem to hold the baby Up/In as well with each subsequent pregnancy. Nothing to be ashamed of and well worth the relief.

Missy said...

I was much more uncomfortable with the second one too, and many weeks earlier than with Eli . . . these things help so don't feel bad! Been there done that, get any help you can! :)