CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Balloon Painting!


In preparation for making our Easter cards to send to family and friends I introduced Joshua to balloon painting. It's simple, it's easy and it's not very messy! All you need is a balloon, some washable tempera paints, paper to paint on, a tray for the paint (styrofoam meat trays work well) and you will want something to cover your work surface (an old plastic table cloth works for this). I remember the kids in preschool absolutely loving this art activity so I thought I'd try it with Joshua. He loved it just as I suspected he would and painted for quite a while this way. For those of you who will receive an Easter card from us you will receive a piece of Joshua balloon painting art, but we can't show you the finished product yet as we don't want to spoil the surprise!

2 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

Remember when you came out here and did balloon painting for Valentine's when our neighborhood playgroup? They all had fun that day. Can't wait to see his handiwork.

Missy said...

Thanks for the idea, Catherine! I took the kids outside on Thursday when it was so nice and they did balloon painting on big sheets of paper that I taped to the garage door. They loved it!!