CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Another Great Day!


Since the weather was so gorgeous this weekend and my uncle and aunt are so gracious we decided to enjoy Sunday afternoon out to Gun Lake. This is the last weekend the cottage will be in use and probably the last time we will see the cottage as I've known it all my life (it's being torn down in a week or so and a beautiful new cottage that accommodates my uncle and aunt's changing and growing (think spouses and hopefully grandchildren some day) family will be built in it's place). We enjoyed the sun and a bit of the water. Cory and Joshua fished off the dock, actually catching a few fish! One they even put in a bucket so Joshua could watch it swim around, but when we weren't around it had flopped itself out of the bucket and onto the dock where it died. Of course one last boat ride for the summer was in order! Joshua LOVED the long, fast ride my uncle took us on! We had first headed out on the boat without Joshua's life jacket, but quickly went back to get it - Joshua was bummed and thought that was the boat ride and immediately asked if he could go for a longer one which we did once he was wearing his life jacket. At the end of the afternoon Cory and my uncle Steve took the boat out of the water for the season. What a great way to end summer! Special thanks to my uncle and aunt for letting us go out to the cottage several times this summer! I appreciate the opportunity to create memories with my children at the cottage just like my parents did with me and my brothers!





Checking out the fish they caught.



On one last boat ride for the summer!



Matthew and my aunt Cher relaxing on the boat.

Summer must be done, the boat is out of the water :(

0 comments: