CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 08, 2009

A Baker in the Making


What better to do on a rainy afternoon than make a tasty fall treat?! A friend of mine posted a recipe for apple crisp on her blog so I thought we'd give it a try. I bought all the ingredients this morning and when Matthew went down for his nap this afternoon I told Joshua what we were going to make. He always likes to bake so he was very excited! He was even more thrilled when I gave him a plastic knife to cut the apples up with (and yes you can see he really gets into his work by sitting on the counter)! He did a great job and cut all of the apple quarters into chunky pieces. I even got him to eat the peel of the apple that I had taken off like it was a treat by telling him that when I was little (and not so little)I would eat the apple peels whenever my mom made apple pie or apple crisp. Can't wait to taste this yummy fall treat!






1 comments:

Missy said...

Great minds think alike! Eli and I made apple crisp yesterday afternoon to have as a treat after dinner. He used my peeler/corer gizmo that you crank the handle on. We'll have to have a cookie baking day at Christmas time with our little pros. :)