CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day


I'm not one for Hallmark holidays. I'd rather celebrate the love I have for those around me everyday than have that focus on just one day. I've hated Valentine's Day for as long as I can remember - I still vaguely remember a diary entry from my middle school years that reflected these same sentiments. My mom always tried to make it fun so we would have colored milk or food and we even got a small little gift. I fail to keep the tradition of coloring the food per the holiday color, but we did buy the boys a little something. Matthew liked his new cars and Joshua was thrilled with his new Lego set. No big celebrations for us regarding this "holiday" (and I use that term loosely) rather the highlight of the day was celebrating the baptism of Aiden with Shawn and Erin and Owen! (Excuse the picture quality on the baptism photo, but I was in charge of video so I had to take a snapshot of that.) The boys also got special treats from Grandma and Grandpa H as well as from Grandma Marcia (Erin's mom) and the cousins all exchanged valentines which was fun!








0 comments: