CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 21, 2011

More boredom busters


We were supposed to have a play date today, but the weather stopped that from happening. So, what to do on a day that I really hadn't planned on being stuck inside for?!? Pull some ideas from the recesses of brain that I used to use daily when teaching preschool. Last night I made meringue cookies just like my mom used to make, which you might know only call for egg whites so I saved the egg yolks not knowing what in the world for. Today I pulled the egg yolks out and we made paint with them! Perfect! You simply add a couple drops of food coloring to a little bit of egg yolk and you have paint! The best part is the paint dries glossy unlike regular tempera paint. That kept Joshua busy for a good half hour, while Matthew could have cared less after 5 minutes. So, what to do next?! With lunch on the horizon I pulled another simple, but fun activity out of my brain that I thought the boys would love. Can't believe I didn't pull this idea out sooner as it was a HUGE hit with my kids. Painting on toast! Actually you mix a little bit of milk with food coloring and paint that on un-toasted bread, pop it in the toaster and the kiddos have a colorful treat to eat when it comes out. Simple, easy and fun! Who knows what other ideas I might have to pull out of my brain and dust off to get us through the rest of this loooong winter.
Painting their bread for lunch.


Yum!!



Joshua's first creation.



Trying out his masterpiece.

0 comments: