CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 31, 2011

Rainbow Rice

We have a sensory bin filled with rice, plain white rice; we have had it for a few years.  This particular sensory bin doesn't see daylight a whole lot first because it is MESSY and second because I can't stand the look of the plain white, dusty rice.  Thankfully a friend of mine who is also a teacher was placing an order with a school supply company and asked me if I wanted anything; amazingly their liquid watercolor was on mega sale!  I picked out the colors I wanted and happily placed my order.  The day the watercolor came in was the day our boring rice sensory box got jazzed up!  Joshua got home from school and we began adding the different colors to the ziplocs of rice along with vinegar (to help the color take).  We let the rice dry overnight and mixed it back in our bin the next day.  Now the rainbow rice sensory bin is much more inviting to play in as it looks like very festive confetti all mixed together!



0 comments: