CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day

The day started with Joshua giving daddy his gift - a photo frame with a recorder on which we had recorded Joshua saying, "I love you daddy". Now anytime Cory misses Joshua when he is at work he just has to press a button to hear Joshua's sweet little voice.
Then it was out to cottage. Unfortunately, it wasn't the best day for the cottage with looming clouds overhead and the threat of thunderstorms. We played a bit of Wii tennis and bowling with my cousins(which by the way is a blast and has made me start a search for a Wii of our own)! We enjoyed a delicious meal together and before it started to rain Uncle Steve offered to take Joshua on a boat ride. I think as soon as Joshua heard he could ride on the boat he practically at my uncle's heels all the way out to the boat he was so excited! There were a few drops as we rode around, but those dark clouds didn't turn into a whole lot. Since the temps weren't too warm and the winds were pretty swift we opted not to swim this time. Before we left we gave my dad his gifts. We'll definitely have to head back the cottage on a really good weather day so we can enjoy everything!
It was a delight to spend the day honoring the dads in our lives. I'm so thankful for my own dad who has been an amazing example in my life! I'm also very thankful for my husband who loves me through the thick and thin of this journey we call life and who loves his son more than words can say!

"I love you daddy"

Joshua tries some Wii bowling!

Playing football with Matt.


Two happy guys who got to go for a boat ride!


Papa and Joshua on the boat.

0 comments: