CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Officially a Preschooler!


This morning was the first official day of preschool for Joshua! He was so excited to go that he actually got his other-wise slow rear in gear this morning and we were amazingly on time! Before we left the house Joshua had tucked bunny bear in his backpack (a little piece of safety and comfort). Once at school he looked for his hook in the hallway and hung his backpack up. He had gotten bunny bear out and showed Miss Jessie and they both had to give bunny bear a hug before he hopped back into the backpack. Joshua proceeded to run in the room and join right in the dancing the kids were doing without any hesitation. He proudly shouted across the room, "Mom, look at me! I'm dancing!" Knowing he had settled right in so quickly, I made my exit. I spent the morning solo at the grocery store (the first time I've done so in 3 + years)! I have forgotten how easy and quick the grocery store can be. When I went back to pick Joshua up Jessie told me that he had done very well. The only glitch in the morning is that he had not learned about snack table so he didn't really know what to do (they do an open snack, meaning the children must visit it sometime during center time). He spent forever washing his hands and almost missed his opportunity to eat his snack. When I asked him on the way home what he did he was able to recall a few things, but he mostly just kept telling me that he liked preschool and had fun. Let's hope we are on the road to life long learning and a love of school!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Joshua! Glad to hear your first day of preschool went so well.

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Way to go Joshua. Grandpa and I are so proud of you starting pre-school and doing so well. Keep up the good work.
Lots of love.

Renee said...

I am sooo jealous Catherine!!! I have missed the Oakdale Preschool, the teachers and the emphasis on children's interest and capabilities. You and Susan built a one of a kind program!!!!!! I am sure that Joshua will love it at Oakdale!