CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Remembering. . .

This is what I have been doing both yesterday and today especially. It is one year since my mom passed away. I went through a box of old photos we have with Joshua yesterday. All the photos brought back some great memories and some tears as well, but I've gotten used to those free-flowing over the last few years. Looking back makes me realize just how blessed I was to have my mom and to be able to spend 30 years with her. We were able to share so many experiences along the way that I am thankful for. My biggest hope while she was battling cancer was that she would be able to see her grandson and know who he was and God blessed us with that!!! I still wish she was here to experience so much more with all of us, especially Joshua. Even though she was not able to see most of his "firsts" I feel she is watching over him and that he is blessed now to have his own guardian angel.
I could go on and on about my mom , but here are just a few things I hope she knows. . .
. . . how much she is loved.
. . . how thankful I am that she was not only my mother but my best friend.
. . . how much she influenced who I am today.
. . . how much I miss talking with her everyday.
. . . how much I miss my lunch date and shopping partner :)
. . . how much I miss hugging her.
. . . how thankful I am that she considered Cory her third son.
. . . how thankful I am that she got to meet Joshua and share her love with him.
. . . how much I wish she was still here to spend time with Joshua.
. . . how much she means to me.
. . . how much I miss her terribly
With much love I remember my mom today and celebrate the life God blessed her with.
Watch the video

1 comments:

Missy said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mother, Catherine. I have no doubt that she is looking down on you with pride and love in her heart when she sees the woman and mother that you have become.

God's ways are often difficult for us to understand and bring us grief and loss, yet what unspeakable joy we also have in sharing and celebrating the life of a Godly woman like your mother. And what an example she is to us as mothers - if our children can write even half the things about us as you were able to for your mother then we will know that we have done the job that God has placed before us and done it well.

I will be praying for you and your family and remembering and celebrating your mother. All of my love, Missy