CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Clear Evidence of Learning!


This morning I was dusting our bedroom when Joshua ran in and said, "Mommy, come see!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room and said, "I made a big I!" He has recognized a few letters thus far . . . I, O, X, Q and sometimes J . . . but to see him create the letter I out of his cars was amazing. Cory spurred Joshua's creation - as last night Cory was making all kinds of letters using Joshua's cars and Joshua would try to guess which letters they were. As an early childhood teacher and parent I am all about the playing around with letters and language rather than actually sitting kids down and teaching them that an A is an A and so forth. Love to see that all our reading and playing around with letters and words is starting to really impact that little brain of Joshua's!

1 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

So...what letter will be next Joshua. Maybe a Big T...you can line your cars up like you love to do for that one too--Nice straight lines. Way to go, on your first letter.