CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gingerbread Train

We had nothing on the calendar nor anything pressing to do today, so Joshua and I spent some time working on a special project together. I found a gingerbread train kit at Target and thought that would be more fun for Joshua than a gingerbread house. Thankfully it came with pre-made gingerbread train pieces, pre-made frosting and all the candy, so it was just a matter of putting it together. With a two and a half year old this was all the challenge I was up for anyway. So we set to work assembling the train pieces (thank goodness for the EZ Build tray that was also included). I have never actually used gingerbread to make a creation, we always used graham crackers in preschool to make our houses or nativity scenes, so I had no idea how heavy gingerbread is. The tray and tons of icing were the key to making the pieces stick. Joshua enjoyed the assembling bit, but really grooved on the decorating part of the fun. Between eating the frosting and the candy I'm surprised he got the train decorated at all. Now he can't wait to show it to daddy and then try to eat it (I haven't told him yet because I hate to burst his bubble, but I'm sure it's going to taste pretty gross). You can definitely tell this is a two year olds sloppy little master piece, but who cares about the end product when the process was so much fun!
















Joshua and his final master piece!

Assembling the train car.


Meticulously applying candy.



Love to watch those little hands!





Joshua loved decorating his train!






1 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

What great fun! Melissa and I have been talking about doing a gingerbread house on Sunday with the kids and Micah. I looked at the kits at Target as well but just didn't pick mine up yet. I didn't see the train one. How cool!