CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Déjà vu


Yes, this is just about the same picture I took last week. However, this is actually our car this time! ARGH! Joshua and I went to help Grandma take care of Gabrielle, Allison and Sam today at her house. Grandma took a little spill last night and sprained her foot/ankle so taking care of 3 little ones today was going to be a bit tricky. So we played for a few hours and ate lunch together. I packed the car up and we were going to be on our way, but when I put my key in the ignition it wouldn't turn. I sat there for 10 minutes trying to get the key to turn and still nothing. Finally I took Joshua back inside Grandma's house and called roadside assistance to come and tow our car away (thankfully everything is covered under warranty). By the way, the questions asked by the automated roadside assistance line were laughable - "Is this an emergency situation in which you would like us to call 911?" Ah don't you think I would have just called 911 myself instead of dialing the 1-800 roadside number? Oh, and another favorite - "How many miles are on your car" Ah, I can't start the car to see the digital readout people and I certainly don't commit that info to my memory for no purpose! So anyway, the tow truck turned up within 20 minutes and the guy hops in my car after hearing what the problem is and after a minute gets the car to start! Ah, excuse me, I tried that and so did my mother-in-law and neither of us could start it. He said he tried a couple of tricks to get it to work. However, he did inform us that it needed to go in regardless because it needed a new ignition starter (or something to that effect) since it wasn't working properly. Besides that they need to figure out why our check engine light keeps turning on randomly. I opted to have the tow truck drop off the car because I didn't feel like driving it over there and I knew it would be highly entertaining for Joshua. Thankfully Grandma didn't need her car so we plopped Joshua car seat in and back to our house we went. I'm thankful we were at my in-laws house and not in some random place when this all happened! And a special thanks to my mother-in-law who without a seconds thought told me to take her car! Now the question is,when will our car be fixed?

0 comments: