CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes. . .

I was so worried about Joshua's language skills even a year ago, but boy have things changed in a year! It's amazing to me how he was soaking it all in and now is spitting everything he ever heard back out! Joshua has been saying the funniest and craziest things the past few months, but I've been very bad about writing them down (you'd think I'd know better from my years of teaching preschoolers). Here are a couple of cute things he said this past week.

On Memorial day we told Joshua that we would be going to plant flowers at Nana's grave and we talked about how Nana lives in heaven (we've had this conversation with him many times). Joshua suddenly says, "You have to take a jet high up to get to your mom." Amazing and sad at the same time that this little 3 year old has a real concept of heaven. I love that Joshua is aware of what and where heaven is and who lives there. But, it still breaks my heart that he knows this because he has a grandma (Nana) who lives in heaven.

As I'm emptying the dishwasher this week Joshua is playing with the bottom and says, "Look, it's like a wagon for the dishes!"

0 comments: