CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Weekend of Celebrations


Our weekend was jam-packed with celebrations of birthdays and Mother's Day. Glad every weekend isn't this busy! Saturday was Cory's dad's birthday and Nicholas' birthday so we headed out to the VanWesep home for a little party. The kids had a blast playing with each other and enjoying the beautiful weather. Since Mother's Day was the next day we celebrated Cory's mom Saturday evening too. We gave her some of that lovely Vera we got a couple weeks ago! On Sunday after church we spent most of the afternoon at my Uncle Steve and Aunt Cher's house. It was a blessing to celebrate my Grandma as the past couple weeks she has had some health issues. Joshua enjoyed "helping" Great Grandma open her gifts. I must say, I'm not a huge fan of Mother's Day - I truly believe people should be appreciative of their mothers every single day, not just one day a year. This said, I told Cory to get me absolutely nothing to which obliged even though he did want to do/get me something. I must say, my dad did sweetly surprise me with a new teapot for my kitchen display, thanks dad!!


Just a little side-note: The highlight of Mother's Day for Joshua was seeing my Uncle Steve and Aunt's Cher's cars, ha, go figure! They have a new Saturn Sky that Joshua was very drawn too. He even asked my uncle to open the hood so he could see the engine, to which my uncle kindly did. What a little car nut!


"Bobert" opens his birthday gift.



Nicholas liked his Planet Hero Moon Buggy we gave him.





Special gifts for Cory's mom.




The birthday boy strikes a pose.




Joshua helping Great Grandma open her gifts.


0 comments: