CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

3 Years Ago. . .


Yesterday was the third anniversary of my mom's passing. She was a wonderful mom and in the last several years of her life, my best friend. I miss her terribly, still. There is still not a day that goes by when at least one thought of her crosses my mind. As the years pass by it gets easier to deal with not having her here, but there are still days once in a while that can be very difficult. I have a feeling one of those days will be coming in a couple weeks when I have my ultrasound. My mom and my dad were both able to be there for my ultrasound for Joshua and share in the joy of that moment. It will be hard not to have her there to share in this new joy. It's also hard for me to think that she will not meet this child until this child goes to meet her in heaven. There will be no pictures of the two of them together which saddens me. Perhaps this little one will get to be her namesake, we'll have to wait and see. No matter what we will share the legacy of my mom with this new little one just as we share it with Joshua. My mom may be gone, but she will never be forgotten!

2 comments:

Jason Nota said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Nota said...

August 7th was the third anniversary of my mothers passing. I was the youngest of 4 and that in it's self seem to make me closer to my mother than my siblings. Naturally I became her caretaker in her final years. She never got to meet her second grandson Aaron or the one that is coming soon. I started my family late, I'm 45 in two weeks. I have a 10 & 3 year old.