CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Preschool Conference

Since it is the season for parent-teacher conferences, Tuesday I had a little informal conference with one of Joshua's teachers. (I remember doing these conferences in November and loving them because it was just a great time to touch base with each parent to see how they were viewing preschool through their child). Seeing as though I talk to the teachers each time I am dropping Joshua off or picking him up we are all on the same page about him. Hopefully someday Joshua will look back on these many posts so I wanted to write down what his teacher said. They have noticed that he is a sensitive and loving little boy (we are working on not being overly sensitive since that drives me nutty). They also noted that he doesn't like to participate in most of the activities they offer during choice time - mostly because he's afraid to get messy (I told them to feel free to push him a little to try things). She mentioned that he is beginning to play with others rather than just participate in parallel play (parallel play is when children play side by side but don't really interact). His favorite activities during choice time are playing with cars (oh, big surprise there), building with blocks (mostly things for his cars to drive in or around) and building with Lego's. His teacher also made sure to mention that they love and adore Joshua, which I am so thankful for and that alone has made Joshua's preschool experience a great one!

0 comments: