CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Maternity clothes are in the near future. . .


So I finally decided I'd better pull the old box of maternity clothes out and remind myself what my wardrobe will be for several months in my very near future. Thus far, thanks to the constant sickness from week 6-11 and losing 10 lbs. during that time, the gaining of weight has been delayed which means more time in my "normal clothes" (YIPPPEEE!! - Oh and this neat little invention called a "tummy sleeve" or "Bella Band" that goes over your unbuttoned normal pants had helped too). However, now that the sickness has waned my belly seems to be expanding more rapidly than the first time around. As I looked back at belly pictures from pregnancy #1 I'm currently expanding about 2 weeks earlier than before.
Okay, so back to the dreaded maternity clothes. As I opened the box I had stored for 3 1/2 years I was immediately reminded of the limited wardrobe I once was so very sick of. Having to face that again doesn't seem like fun, but is inevitable. I have purchased a few new items, but don't want to invest much money in clothes I will never wear again (if you didn't catch that subtle hint 2 kids is it for us). The question for me still remains - how come those maternity clothes always look cuter on the hanger or other pregnant women, but when I have to wear them they just seem like big bags??? This still seems to be true the second time around, but maybe I will feel differently as my belly actually grows into those big baggy clothes.

0 comments: