CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 05, 2008

It's a BOY!

Yes, the ultrasound yesterday revealed that we will be adding more blue to our house. This baby is healthy and developing well. It has all 10 fingers and all 10 toes. The ultrasound technician got all of the needed measurements - the doctor said we have one cooperative little boy (let's hope this remains so outside of the womb)! We are very grateful and very blessed that all is well with this little one. However, I'd be lying if I said we weren't all (including Joshua) a bit disappointed that this is not a girl. A few tears have been shed knowing a little girl will never be in our family (I'm not taking the risk of having a 3rd and it being a boy too). People have told me that there still is a chance it may be a girl, but once I can figure out how to scan and load the ultrasound pictures you will see why there is no doubt that it is a boy (Cory calls it the "money shot" and it's very clear). When Cory says "uh-oh" during the ultrasound before the technician even says a word you know it's pretty clear! All is well and now I need to adjust my thinking to having two boys. A little shopping therapy helps with this! We abandoned the thought of using Joshua's old bedding (it did get almost 3 years of use and is faded) and got a new bedding set for the baby's room last night to cheer ourselves up. Stuff has definitely changed since I had Joshua and the boy things are actually much cuter and more modern looking (and not just covered with balls, animals, trains, cars or planes) which is very nice. So, our family will be complete in April when this little boy arrives. I do look forward to our boys having a wonderful and very special relationship like their dad and his brother have (after many years of fighting I'm sure)! Several years of dealing with too much testosterone in my house is now in my future!

0 comments: