CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Little Blast from the Past


Joshua has been very into drawing, coloring, cutting, gluing and just generally creating the last few months. We've gotten a few new things to keep the interest going, but then I remembered a wonderful toy I used to have when I was a kid - Fashion Plates! You put the "plates" of a model wearing a different shirts, skirts, pants, etc into a tray, put a piece of paper over it and rub a crayon on the paper to transfer the image. I used to spend hours doing it! My brothers even had a boy's version where they could make different monsters and heroes. My brother dug them out of storage at my dad's house so that Joshua and the girl I watch after school could use them. Joshua LOVES this activity! He has even created his own book of monsters, which he also named. So glad my mom was smart enough to save these unique toys - now the next generation is getting use out of them!








1 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oooh...I loved Fashion Plates! How cool that your mom kept so many special things from your childhood. It's fun for your kids and it's fun for you too because you get to relive the experience.