CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 16, 2005


Even four years later the date November 16 and what happened is still fresh in my mind - my dear mother drew her last breath on this earth and went to live with her Heavenly Father. It's still not easy. It just plain stinks not having my mother, supporter, encourager and best friend around! I still wish I could pick up the phone and call her for advice, especially when it comes to raising my boys (she always had such creative ideas for dealing with children and their many issues). I wish she could see Joshua and Matthew and smother them with love, attention, hugs and kisses. She would have loved their smiles, laughter, individual personalities and even their naughty ways. I wish she was here to be my support and encouragement on those rough days. I wish I could ask her about how I was when I was little in comparison to my little guys. The list goes on and on and on and on. Not a day goes by when she isn't thought of or remembered. Joshua and I talk about Nana in heaven many a day. She is still loved and cherished. I'm thankful that she is in a better place and her suffering came to an end, but I still miss her so much it hurts and the tears still flow. Someday we'll be back together. . . some day. . . .

1 comments:

Sheryl said...

Thinking of you, Catherine. Can't believe it's already been four years.