CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Childhood Memory


Today both boys were a bit crabby so I decided we needed to get out of the house. No problem, I had spotted something in the Kmart ad on Sunday that I wanted to go and look at. While we were walking around the store I spotted this "Paint With Water" book (it's simply a book with pictures that have red, yellow, and blue pigment printed on the pictures and all you have to do is add water to color in the pictures). Amazing, I haven't seen one of these since I was a kid! I remember my grandma keeping these on hand at her house and at the cottage for those rainy days when we needed something fun to do. It instantly brought back some great childhood memories! So, even though I wasn't keen on paying $3 for it I decided Joshua had to have the experience. Besides, it's a pretty clean way for a toddler to paint! After lunch today we got the paint with water book out and Joshua had a great time creating his painting.




1 comments:

Missy said...

I have been looking everywhere for these books, Catherine! I remember painting in the paint-by-water books as a kid too, and was hoping to give Eli the less messy painting experience (regular paints are fun, but he gets so messy that I hesitate to do them that often). I'm going to check out K-Mart!