CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sickness Strikes

Well, for the most part Joshua has been pretty healthy thus far this winter. He had a cold a couple weeks ago, but nothing major. Well, Sunday night he began rubbing his left eye and just wouldn't stop. It was tearing, but there was no goop coming out or redness in the eye. Monday when he woke up his eye looked a bit swollen, but still no goop or redness in the eye. I thought we were in the clear so I brought him to MOPS. By the way, Erin called Sunday night telling me Owen had a fever, was throwing up and had diarrhea so he didn't come Monday and he won't be here today. After my MOPS meeting I picked Joshua up from the nursery and he had green goo in the corner of his eye. Uh-oh! I called Erin's mom Marcia for some pediatric medical advice (she is a public health nurse and has been a huge help with with every question I have had since Joshua was born). After listening to me describe what was going on she told me to call the nurse at the pediatrician's office and see if they would want me to come in. I called the doctor and set an appointment for 5:15 pm (Have I ever mentioned how wonderful our pediatrician's office is? They have the best hours and always do their best to get you in quickly). So, Dr. Pott took a look at Joshua's eye and determined it was a form of pink eye that was just setting in. We have some drops we now get to put in his eye three times a day. So far he has done really well with it so I hope that continues. Now it's time to disinfect the entire house and all Joshua's toys so that we don't pass this junk on to anyone else!

0 comments: