CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Stir Crazy!


Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Both Joshua and I are a bit sick of sitting in the house. We have only been outside of our house 2 times in the last five days!!! So, what do you do when you have played with every toy in the house and read just about every board book in the house? This afternoon I hauled out my book full of kid's recipes (edible and non-edible) and came upon the recipe for "Jiggle Jelly", one of my all-time favorites from my days teaching preschool! It's a mix of good old Elmer's glue, water and Borax (a laundry booster) that kids can help make and play with. I actually have all the ingredients needed in the house just waiting for the perfect time. Today was it! Joshua enjoyed mixing up the ingredients, but wasn't quite sure about the results until I showed him just what he could do with it. "Jiggle Jelly" is a very odd substance. It is a solid that is a bit rubbery so it bounces, but also has an ooze to it like a thick liquid. You can use cookie cutters, scissors and molds to play with it. You can also use a straw to blow bubbles in it! My favorite part about it is the cleanliness. It makes virtually no mess and if it does get on anything it is 100% washable. This was our boredom buster for the day.



Joshua tries to cut out a bear in the Jiggle Jelly


Check it out, here is some Jiggle Jelly rolled into a ball. . .
Here is the same Jiggle Jelly just a few minutes later!

1 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

Looks like lots of fun, you'll have to e-mail me the recipe...kids and I are sick of being stuck inside too.