CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Getting Ready for Preschool


It's January which means its the beginning of enrollment time in schools. We've, okay, maybe it's just me that has decided that it would be good for Joshua to go to preschool. Being an only child he needs as many social outlets as possible, which he has lots of, but they are mostly with me. I am unlike a lot of parents in that I am looking for a program that focuses on social and emotional development, NOT academics. Just for the record I am the parent who didn't even sing the ABC song to him until a month ago, but the child can identify 11 letters already and all from the reading and playing we have done, not being directly taught. So, the big decision of where to send Joshua to school . . . was not a big decision at all for me. To me there is only one preschool program that will meets my expectations, and it just so happens to be the one I helped create and taught in for so many years. So, today we visited what will be Joshua's preschool come this fall. He will only be going two days a week for a couple hours, but at least this will allow him a social outlet without me around. Joshua had a great time exploring the preschool rooms, playing with the toys as well as watching and interacting with the children and teachers. Joshua felt right at home in preschool and even after a couple hours didn't want to leave. We'll attend an open house at the end of the month so Joshua can get another taste of preschool. Next on the list of things to do is signing up for T.R.I.P. (Tutition Reduction Incentive Program) so we can start saving up money that will go towards tuition!

0 comments: