CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 25, 2006

Back to Reality

I arrived back in Grand Rapids safe and sound last night around 6:00 p.m. It was a long drive home (about 9 hours plus a lunch stop and bathroom breaks) but we were ready to be back.
We has a fabulous time at the MOPS International Convention! Don't get me wrong, I missed Joshua and Cory, but it was so nice to get away and just have to worry about myself for four days! Some of the highlights from my trip included:

1. Attending general sessions at the convention with 5,000 other MOPS moms and seeing how Jesus is touching lots of lives.
2. Meeting the CEO of MOPS International, Elisa Morgan as well as another author who is very involved in MOPS International, Carol Kuykendall.
3. Hearing Nicole Nordeman, Mark Shultz, Kim Hill and Go Fish live on stage! It was phenomenal!
4. Hearing the testimonies of MOPS moms.
5. Eating a $300 dinner that the hotel paid for (they were trying to make up for the troubles we had with our room when checking in).
6. Eating Chick-Fil-A which sadly can't be found in Michigan.
7. Getting to know the three ladies from my group that I went with and becoming good friends.
8. Coming home refreshed and renewed!

And good thing I came back refreshed and renewed because I came back to a sick husband, had to take care of Joshua without help as I unpacked and prepared for our MOPS meeting this morning - back to reality in a hurry!

0 comments: