CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 22, 2009

1 Month

Matthew's one month appointment with the pediatrician was Wednesday. His stats are below, as are Joshua's from his 1 month appointment. Surprisingly Matthew is 2 in. taller than Joshua was at 1 month old! Matthew is doing well!

Matthew's stats: 10 lbs. (56%), 22.75 in. (89%), and head circumference was 37.9 cm (43%)

Joshua stats at 1 month: 11 lb., 20.75, and head circumference was 38.7 cm

While talking with the pediatrician (keep in mind she is also a friend of mine) I mentioned that at 1 month Joshua would sleep one 4-6 hours period between feedings at night so I asked what I could do to help Matthew sleep for longer periods during feedings at night since he is only going 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours. The pediatrician basically told me Joshua had spoiled us and that most babies go 2 hours between feedings at 1 month of age. So, I guess I will be happy with 3 hours on average! Funny how that night Matthew went 3 1/2 hours between feedings all night and Thursday night he went 5 hours!!! Maybe Matthew got the message that mommy needs more uninterrupted sleep! The other thing I had the pediatrician check was the symmetry of Matthew's head. I had noticed that Matthew had a strong liking of turning his head to the right and rarely chose to turn his head left from the day we came home from the hospital so I had already mentioned this to the pediatrician at the 2 week appointment. At two weeks there was already bit of a flat area on the right side of his head causing asymmetry. I have been really working on getting Matthew to turn his head left and sometimes forcing it (for example propping his body more on his left side so he can't turn his head right) as well as doing stretches for those neck muscles. The pediatrician checked his head again on Wednesday and said that his head was already looking more symmetrical and she told me we were probably on the right path to as far as avoiding a helmet in the future.

0 comments: