CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Adjusting

Can you tell we are still adjusting to having another member of the family by the time that passes between blog postings or the multiple posts that happen at one time?!?! My free time has definitely been minimized over the last three weeks! Matthew is overall an easy-going little guy. At three and a half weeks old he is having more awake periods, but is now having a tough time putting himself to sleep after being awake so we are working on this. He does well at night, waking every 2 1/2 to 4 hours to eat, but then going right back to sleep in his crib! People have actually asked me if Matthew is sleeping through the night - yeah right, I only wish our not even 4 week old was doing that!
Joshua has had his share of fits and conniptions as he has been adjusting to a life that is not all about him for the first time in 4 years. He was talking back and being disrespectful as well as hitting on occasion. His emotions can still go from one extreme to another in seconds, but this is getting better daily. This week especially we have seen his behavior improve. He is also showing us more independence daily which is a huge improvement for him as well!

I'm personally struggling with juggling two kids, from getting them and myself ready in the mornings (especially preschool mornings when we leave the house early) to giving them both quality one on one time. I feel like right now I am constantly telling Joshua that I can't do what he wants because I have to deal with Matthew and his needs. Mother's guilt is already setting in, yikes! Sleep deprivation is not exactly helping with anything either! I rely daily on God and pray for patience and understanding many times throughout the day! I must say one of the biggest blessings during this time of adjustment has been my friends from my MOPS group at church who have provided meals a few times a week for 3 weeks - they are awesome!
Below are a few random pictures we've taken in the last three weeks, enjoy!




















1 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

Love that first picture - he's is going to have a very cute smile (well, already does, but it will be cuter when you know it was a conscious decision to make it).

Matthew also looks very interested in the book you are reading :)

Adjustment is always hard as the older child(ren) have to learn that the baby can't always wait. I just always remind myself that life is full of revolving around other people's timing and it is a life lesson they need to learn eventually anyway - the earlier the better. Doesn't help the situation, but it helps me feel less guilty :)