CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 22, 2009

Annoyed


So I'm annoyed by all the local toy stores that don't carry black and white toys for infants! For heaven sakes, infants can only see images of stark contrast such as black and white. I had a few things from Joshua's infant days, but wanted a few more for Matthew. I did see one item at Creative Learning Toys that goes on the back of the seat in the car - it had 4 clear pockets in which to put image cards. Great idea since we are on the go quite a bit and there isn't much for Matthew to look at riding backwards in the car, but this toy was $14! It got me to thinking, why not just make some things for him to look at with black and white images. So I pulled some images from the internet yesterday and today Joshua and I cut and glued the images on poster board. Now he has some large posters in the car to look at and the smaller ones are for when he is on his playmat or doing tummy time. He loves them and I didn't spend anything on them!

0 comments: