CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

It was a busy and exhausting Mother's Day this year, but very fun. The day started with Joshua wishing me a happy Mother's Day while I was feeding Matthew. Joshua excitedly raced to bring me a card and my Mother's Day present which he had made at school. He made a really neat stepping stone that will reside in our landscaping in the front of the house once we get around to doing it. Oh and my dear husband actually surprised me with a card and gift certificates to the mall and Olive Garden so Erin and I could have a girl's night out (Shawn surprised Erin with the same things as he and Cory planned their gifts together)! I was shocked and very thrilled to say the least!
Then it was on to my uncle and aunt's house for brunch. We had a wonderful time catching up with family and celebrating my Grandma. Joshua was very eager to give great grandma the stepping stone he had made for her. Matthew was spoiled by all the attention and love he got as he met some family members for the first time. Joshua was spoiled too with a surprise birthday gift from uncle Steve and aunt Cher!
Late afternoon we headed to Cory's parent's house for birthday and Mother's Day celebrations. The grand kids gave Grandma stepping stones for Mother's Day and they got to create them with her!
Still amazing to me is that I am a mother! I am the woman who thought that kids might be a good idea for others, but probably not Cory and I - some of you may remember the toast we gave at Shawn and Erin's wedding where we said something about having a boat and they could have the kids. Guess my mind was changed (along with Cory's) 5 years ago when we tried to get pregnant. With the diagnosis of my mom's cancer the reality set in an that in life the only thing you really truly have is family so we finally decided to have our own little family. Now as a mother of two I really appreciate even more all that my mother did for me and all that she was as a mother - I'm sure she is looking down just smirking at that thought. I love you mom and miss you!

0 comments: