CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Embarrassing!

Joshua has a new habit, or shall I say an old habit that has made a return - he thinks it is funny to scream for any or no reason. This being said, Cory, Joshua and I are sitting in a restaurant last night eating dinner. All was going along smoothly as it usually does. Joshua spotted the ketchup bottle on the table and grabbed it, no big deal he likes to explore new things. But, when Cory asked Joshua for the ketchup bottle and then proceeded to take it out of his hands Joshua let out the loudest ear-piercing shriek we've ever heard - as Cory said, "he put all he had into that one"! Immediately all eyes in the restaurant were on us! If I could have crawled under the table fast enough I would have. Unfortunately I couldn't move fast enough so I did the next best thing, I cupped my hand over Joshua's mouth. His eyes got very big... but even this warning didn't stop him from trying to do it again a few minutes later, but not quite as loud. The worst part of this habit is he thinks it's funny. I'm sure when my dad reads this he will have a good chuckle and think about how nice it is that I now have a child of my own to deal with and I'm very sure my mom is looking down from heaven with a smile on her face thinking "what goes around, comes around" (she always warned me it would!).

1 comments:

Missy said...

Oh the joys of a child learning his own independence - and how to push his parents' buttons! Don't be too embarrassed though - as one of my friends told me, the only people looking at you funny are the ones without kids, and they'll get their due later! All the parents in the restaurant completely understand. When the little ones are acting up though, it's hard to remember that as you're simultaneously trying to make them stop, sink under the table in embarrassment, and disassociate yourself from them as fast as you can!