CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Escape Artist

Our little boy, who hasn't been much of a risk taker, is now deciding to take some big risks. A couple weeks ago a friend of mine called with a question while I was feeding Joshua breakfast so I had to run downstairs to my office to look at something. A couple minutes later I came back up the stairs to find my son sitting on the kitchen table playing with my cell phone! I just about had a heart attack! The tray was still on his high chair, and the straps were still buckled! Somehow Joshua had wiggled himself free from the straps that belt him in and climbed on his tray and then over to the table where he happily sat pulling my cell phone antenna in and out.
Today however, I got the biggest scare of my life, with a child thus far. I walked into his room this morning after I heard him babbling for a couple minutes and much to my horror Joshua wasn't in his crib, no folks, he had climbed out!!!! He was laying on the floor hugging his bunny-bear. I right away thought he fell out of his crib but then thought back - I never heard a thud or crying, so he must not have fallen. However he got out, he wasn't hurt and when I walked in the room he just started to stand up and put his arms out for me to pick him up. Crazy kid! Guess Cory has the job of lowering his mattress to the lowest point when he gets home tonight!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh you're in trouble now. None of mine ever figured out how to get out of the crib...but Allison has been at the lowest point for a long time, I skipped right over the middle setting. Once he figures out how to get out at that setting you'll be toddler or big boy bed shopping before you know it. Way to keep mommy on her toes, Joshua!