CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Grand Rapids Metro Cruise 2006

The Grand Rapids Metro Cruise is a great event in which classic and muscle cars from all over come to Grand Rapids to show off their cars as they cruise down 28th street. There were thousands of cars on the road and parked in parking lots up and down 28th street all day yesterday. So, since Cory was at a company golf outing I took Joshua over to see the muscle cars showcased in the parking lot by Woodland mall. As we walked in to begin looking at the cars we ran into my dad! We checked out the muscle cars and then decided to go see the classic cars that were being showcased in the Roger's Plaza parking lot. It was so much fun to walk around with my dad and hear about the cars we were looking at! Among the old classic cars we saw an old ambulance, bus, garbage truck and fire truck. We even saw a car that was similar to my dad's first car which was neat. I'm still kicking myself for not taking my camera along!
Cory didn't want to miss the fun so tonight we had a picnic with Shawn, Erin and Owen on 28th street and watched the cars cruise up and down the street. It was a great time! Check out some of the pictures I captured below.
Watch the video

1 comments:

Van Wesep Ventures said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I saw the article in the paper and thought it would be fun to do, but we were still unpacking from the summer of camping and it was a bit too far for us. Glad you guys were able to seize the opportunity and spend some time hanging out and checking out the cars.